Saturday, November 28, 2009

Vintage Style Files-- 1970s Disco

My husband and I are going to a 70s-themed costume party/birthday party tonight...specifically, a 1979-themed party, since that's the year the birthday girl was born. After doing some digging to find out what was going on in pop culture in 1979 (is it more 70s disco? more early 80s punk? etc) we determined to work the disco angle. He's going very over-the-top Studio 54 glam...aren't I lucky to have a guy willing to dress up in skin-tight sparkly pants and a faux-fur vest? I think I am! My outfit is a little less shiny than his, but definitely still bright and colorful!

So, in honor of all the truly fantastically awful fashion I expect to see tonight, I thought it might be fun to search Etsy for some 70s style! Here's what I found!


1 comment:

  1. ooo, thank you!! That is one of my favorite pieces :) AND those disco platforms are amaaazing!

    ReplyDelete