Monday, November 9, 2009

Saturday Antiques

One of the perks of running a vintage shop on Etsy is that you have an excuse to spend your weekends poking around in thrift stores, rummage sales, and antique shops. This weekend, we did two of the three.

There was a church rummage sale right down the road which we hit before even going out to breakfast! It was pretty small and was mostly peoples' basement junk. I did, however, find a pile of old embroidery patterns. There are seven with the days of the week and a pattern of a little Dutch girl doing various chores, intended for use on towels; and also a few other images of the little Dutch girl sans day of the week. Just $1! I've added them to my collection. Perhaps I'll scan them in and upload them at some point. Vintage embroidery patterns are always fun to share!




After eating, we drove up to a big indoor/outdoor antique show. My parents were there, too...I guess thrifting and antiquing run in the family! We managed to find multiple items for our Etsy shop. Lots of owls, for some reason! But also a very cute set of salt and pepper shakers shaped like a squirrel and a big walnut. Since I love squirrels so much, it's going to be hard to sell those!

But my real find this weekend was a new addition to my vintage camera collection...a Yashica Mat 124G! And this one, I want to actually shoot with! I'm not sure if she works or not, but she seems to be in lovely condition and she was so, so inexpensive. They often go for hundreds of dollars on Ebay, and I got mine for $25! Isn't she pretty?


No comments:

Post a Comment